The Jewish Museum is looking for an inspired individual who would like to develop their curatorial skills in a professional, supportive environment. The intern will assist with research and administrative duties for an upcoming exhibition on American modern art, under the exhibition curator’s direct supervision.
|Reports to:||Assistant Curator|
|Date posted:||August 7, 2017|
|FLSA Status:||Unpaid Internship|
Other duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Conducting research via online databases and offsite at local art libraries
- Maintaining and updating exhibition checklists; communicating with registrars and/or design teams
- Drafting and mailing loan requests and agreements; checking status
- Creating Powerpoint presentations for other museum departments
- Maintaining list of exhibition contacts
- Other duties as assigned
- B.A. and M.A. candidates in Art History, as well as M.A. Candidates in Arts Administration and Museum Studies preferred
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and excellent organizational, research, and communication skills are a must.
To apply, email internship application, resume, and cover letter to:
Human Resources Coordinator
The Jewish Museum
The Jewish Museum is an Equal Opportunity Employer.