The Curatorial Intern (American Art) will assist with research and administrative duties for an upcoming exhibition on American modern art and folk art. The Jewish Museum is looking for a self-motivated individual with a strong background in art history and excellent research skills who would like to develop their curatorial skills in a professional, supportive environment.
|Reports to:||Assistant Curator|
|Date posted:||September 19, 2017|
|FLSA Status:||Unpaid Internship|
|Schedule:||Part-Time, 20 hours/ week|
- Conducting research via online databases and offsite at local art libraries
- Maintaining and updating exhibition checklists; communicating with registrars and/or design teams
- Drafting and mailing loan requests and agreements; checking status
- Creating Powerpoint presentations for other museum departments
- Maintaining list of exhibition contacts
- Other duties as assigned
A B.A. in Art History is required, with demonstrated knowledge of nineteenth- and twentieth-century American art history strongly preferred.
To apply, email internship application, resume, and cover letter to:
Human Resources Coordinator
The Jewish Museum
The Jewish Museum is an Equal Opportunity Employer.