The Jewish Museum seeks a detail-oriented, multi-tasker to manage its facility rental program. This is a complex role with supervisory responsibility for all outside events held at the Museum, as well as some internal events. In addition to having strong organizational and administrative skills, this position requires someone with the maturity to handle a broad range of client needs with professionalism and tact.
|Reports to:||Director of Special Events|
|Date posted:||January 12, 2018|
|Schedule:||Full-Time including some evenings and weekends|
- Manage all aspects of the Museum’s rental program, including fielding rental inquiries for corporate, institutional, and individual life cycle events.
- Arrange site visits, coordinate event logistics, act as on-site event manager, and assist with event planning.
- Prepare contracts, oversee payment and insurance forms and develop/maintain rental program budgets.
- Assist with internal Museum events, fundraisers and exhibition openings, as needed.
- Coordinate the Museum approval process for print and digital materials.
- Maintain current rental program information on the Museum’s website and input relevant data on Salesforce.
- Attend weekly event logistics meetings and engage with colleagues, donors, and other key Museum stakeholders.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Two to three years’ experience with facility rentals, event management or related field
- Excellent email and phone etiquette; ability to adapt to varying communication styles
- Maturity to deal with sophisticated clients and willingness to go the extra mile to provide excellent client service
- Strong negotiation skills
- Highly detail oriented; adept at trafficking logistics and prioritizing workload between several projects
- Flexibility to work evenings and weekends as necessary
- Strong computer skills essential; familiarity with Salesforce preferred
- Knowledge of the laws of kashrut, preferred
- Interest in visual arts and museum operations preferred
To apply, please submit a cover letter and resume to:
Associate Director, Human Resources
The Jewish Museum
The Jewish Museum is an Equal Opportunity Employer.